Monday, October 7, 2013

A few updates!

Tonight, Justin and I went to an informational meeting on fostering & adopting in Connecticut. We had been feeling for a few weeks that we should explore all our options, as we haven't been feeling led one way or another. We filled out some information and will be contacted about being certified for pre-adoption. (At this point in our lives, we do not feel it's a good idea to pursue foster care.) It was great because I was able to get all my questions answered (I had a lot!) and we both feel this is the right way to go right now.

I have been doing a lot of fundraiser planning for Reign! I will be hosting an event at my home on November 24th. It will be open-house style, so if you are local, let me know and I will send you an event link from Facebook! I will have my Ava Anderson products out for everyone to sample, a table full of baked goods to buy, hopefully more crafters, and a raffle for a basket full of Ava products and other goodies! This raffle is open to those local and anyone else in the US. 1 ticket is $3, or 5 tickets for $10. ALL commissions and sales will go to Reign's adoption fund!

I am also planning an online auction in early November, so keep an eye out! I am gathering some really great handmade items and gifts, so you can get your holiday shopping done early. If you are interested in donating something for the auction, please contact me!

No comments:

Post a Comment